Royal Aeronautical Society - New Zealand Division
- Des Ashton 021 664 920 email
- Harvie Morrow 021 555 066 email
- George Jensen 027 294 4116 email
Our meetings are normally held the third Wednesday of each month
February to November.
BRANCH MEETINGS - 2020
Branch Meetings in person are continuing under covid-19 Alert Level 1. However, Zoom meetings may be arranged as advised by email by the Chair and, if applicable, will be indicated below.
16 September 2020
: Wednesday 16 September 2020 7pm
: Marlborough Aero Club, Omaka Aerodrome, Aerodrome Road
: Sqn Ldr Steve Owen, Future Air Mobility Capability Engineering Manager, NZDF
: The Next Generation RNZAF C-130
Download Newsletter Sept 2020
15 July 2020
- SPEAKER: Chris Calvert MBA BE(Hons) FNZIM; SUBJECT: "New life for retired Defence Equipment."
20 May 2020
- SPEAKER: Hugh McCarroll MRAeS SUBJECT: "Journey into Space - 2020 Update"
April, 25 March and 19 February2020
lectures were cancelled owing to covid-19 effects making speakers unavailable.
- SPEAKER: Timothy Graham; SUBJECT: A Drone View from Across the Ditch –2020
12 December 2019
- SPEAKER: John Saunders; SUBJECT: "The CURTISS P-40 KITTYHAWK - Rebuilding History"
13 November 2019
- SPEAKER: Alan Clayton. SUBJECT: "Ryanair BOEING 737 Deliveries from BOEING - Improving and Streamlining the Process"
26 September 2019
- SPEAKER: Neil Hygate MRAeS , SUBJECT: "THE DEFENCE CAPABILITY PLAN 2019 - What it Means for the Best Little Air Force in the World"
21 August 2019
- SPEAKER: Mike Lynskey MBA MRAeS SUBJECT: "ASPEQ – FROM NZ AVIATION BEGINNINGS TO INTERNATIONAL MULTI-INDUSTRY SUCCESS"
17 July 2019
- Speaker –Des Ashton RAeS SUBJECT: "The Collapse of ANSETT AUSTRALIA - A Perspective"
26 June 2019
- SPEAKER: John Chisholm, owner of TEXEL AIR, Bahrain based, SUBJECT: "Texel Air's Boeing 737-700 Flex-Combi Project"
22 May 2019
- SPEAKER: Geoff Blake - Senior Program Manager NZ - Airbus Australia Pacific SUBJECT: " Airbus business activities in Blenheim and elsewhere"
24 April 2019
- SPEAKER: Des Ashton FRAeS SUBJECT: "THE COLLAPSE OF ANSETT AUSTRALIA - A PERSPECTIVE"
20 March 2019
- SPEAKER: Kevin McMahon SUBJECT: " CHALLENGES AND PROBLEMS OF DEFENCE PROJECTS "
24 October 2018
- Video: "First Light: An historical record of a fighter pilot in the Battle of Britain"
19 September 2018
- GUEST SPEAKER: Wg Cdr Brett Clayton, CO Flying Training Wing RNZAF Base Ohakea
SUBJECT: " The RNZAF Aerobatic Team, The Black Falcons "
16 August 2018
- GUEST SPEAKER: John Bampfylde, Managing Director of Dronemate
SUBJECT: "Coming to a Place Near You"
18 July 2018
- GUEST SPEAKER: James Gropp, Deputy HOD NMIT SUBJECT: Career Presentation - US Air Force and NMIT
20 June 2018
- GUEST SPEAKER: Harvie Morrow SUBJECT: Oshkosh and US Aviation Sites Tour 2015
16 May 2018
- GUEST SPEAKER: Lt Cdr RN (ret'd) Ian A Sloan BEng (Hons) MRAeS SUBJECT: A Golden Thread - Sea Harrier to F-35B
18 April 2018
- SPEAKER: Keith Gilchrist NZMOD SUBJECT: The SH2G Super Seasprite in New Zealand Service
21 March 2018
- SPEAKER: Steve Moore SUBJECT: The A4K/G Skyhawk in RNZAF service, post-KAHU, 1990-2000
21 February 2018
- SPEAKER: Neal Garnett - Head of Strategic Relations (NZ), Airbus Australia Pacific SUBJECT: Airbus today and an outline of the A400M and C295 aircraft
15 November 2017
- SPEAKER: Brett McKenzie of Marops SUBJECT: How a small NZ company works with aerospace heavyweight Boeing
18 October 2017
- SPEAKER: Des Ashton SUBJECT: Large Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems (RPAS) – What can they do for New Zealand?
20 September 2017
- SPEAKER: Adam McMillan, General Manager Regional Maintenance Operations, Air New Zealand SUBJECT: Maintenance Operations and Air New Zealand Regional Maintenance Ltd
16 AUGUST 2017
- SPEAKER: John Lanham SUBJECT: The A4K/G Skyhawk in RNZAF Service, pre-KAHU Update, 1970-1990
19 JULY 2017
- SPEAKER: John Wyllie, Chief Executive and Founder. SUBJECT: FLIGHTCELL
28 MARCH 2017
- SPEAKER: Don Simms SUBJECT: SKYHAWKS
back to top ↑
Copyright © RAeS New Zealand Division, All Rights Reserved