Royal Aeronautical Society - New Zealand Division
- Des Ashton 021 664 920 email
- Harvie Morrow 021 555 066 email
- George Jensen 027 294 4116 email
Our meetings are normally held the third Wednesday of each month
February to November.
BRANCH MEETINGS - 2020
Branch Meetings in person are continuing under covid-19 Alert Level 1. However, Zoom meetings may be arranged as advised by email by the Chair and, if applicable, will be indicated below.
: Wednesday, 16 December 2020 at 7pm
: Marlborough Aero Club (Clubrooms), Omaka Aerodrome, Aerodrome Road
: Geoff Blake and Tony Haussmann of Airbus Australia Pacific NZ
: Airbus in Blenheim – Today and Tomorrow
This month’s Blenheim Branch presentation is by Geoff Blake, Senior Program Manager New Zealand and Tony Haussmann Propulsion Team Leader from Airbus Australia Pacific NZ. (the company formerly known as Safe Air Limited)
The event is open to members, non-members, interested persons and guests. Tea and coffee will be available, and dress is casual.
A voluntary gold coin donation is welcomed from non-members to defray supper costs.
Download Newsletter December 2020
25 November 2020
- Solving the Growing Problem of Space Debris!
14 October 2020
- Hangar visit to view 'Gloria Lyons' and two more P-40s!
16 September 2020
- SPEAKER: Sqn Ldr Steve Owen; SUBJECT: "The Next Generation RNZAF - C-130."
August 2020 - no meeting
15 July 2020
- SPEAKER: Chris Calvert MBA BE(Hons) FNZIM; SUBJECT: "New life for retired Defence Equipment."
20 May 2020
- SPEAKER: Hugh McCarroll MRAeS SUBJECT: "Journey into Space - 2020 Update"
April, 25 March and 19 February2020
lectures were cancelled owing to covid-19 effects making speakers unavailable.
- SPEAKER: Timothy Graham; SUBJECT: A Drone View from Across the Ditch –2020
12 December 2019
- SPEAKER: John Saunders; SUBJECT: "The CURTISS P-40 KITTYHAWK - Rebuilding History"
13 November 2019
- SPEAKER: Alan Clayton. SUBJECT: "Ryanair BOEING 737 Deliveries from BOEING - Improving and Streamlining the Process"
26 September 2019
- SPEAKER: Neil Hygate MRAeS , SUBJECT: "THE DEFENCE CAPABILITY PLAN 2019 - What it Means for the Best Little Air Force in the World"
21 August 2019
- SPEAKER: Mike Lynskey MBA MRAeS SUBJECT: "ASPEQ – FROM NZ AVIATION BEGINNINGS TO INTERNATIONAL MULTI-INDUSTRY SUCCESS"
17 July 2019
- Speaker –Des Ashton RAeS SUBJECT: "The Collapse of ANSETT AUSTRALIA - A Perspective"
26 June 2019
- SPEAKER: John Chisholm, owner of TEXEL AIR, Bahrain based, SUBJECT: "Texel Air's Boeing 737-700 Flex-Combi Project"
22 May 2019
- SPEAKER: Geoff Blake - Senior Program Manager NZ - Airbus Australia Pacific SUBJECT: " Airbus business activities in Blenheim and elsewhere"
24 April 2019
- SPEAKER: Des Ashton FRAeS SUBJECT: "THE COLLAPSE OF ANSETT AUSTRALIA - A PERSPECTIVE"
20 March 2019
- SPEAKER: Kevin McMahon SUBJECT: " CHALLENGES AND PROBLEMS OF DEFENCE PROJECTS "
24 October 2018
- Video: "First Light: An historical record of a fighter pilot in the Battle of Britain"
19 September 2018
- GUEST SPEAKER: Wg Cdr Brett Clayton, CO Flying Training Wing RNZAF Base Ohakea
SUBJECT: " The RNZAF Aerobatic Team, The Black Falcons "
16 August 2018
- GUEST SPEAKER: John Bampfylde, Managing Director of Dronemate
SUBJECT: "Coming to a Place Near You"
18 July 2018
- GUEST SPEAKER: James Gropp, Deputy HOD NMIT SUBJECT: Career Presentation - US Air Force and NMIT
20 June 2018
- GUEST SPEAKER: Harvie Morrow SUBJECT: Oshkosh and US Aviation Sites Tour 2015
16 May 2018
- GUEST SPEAKER: Lt Cdr RN (ret'd) Ian A Sloan BEng (Hons) MRAeS SUBJECT: A Golden Thread - Sea Harrier to F-35B
18 April 2018
- SPEAKER: Keith Gilchrist NZMOD SUBJECT: The SH2G Super Seasprite in New Zealand Service
21 March 2018
- SPEAKER: Steve Moore SUBJECT: The A4K/G Skyhawk in RNZAF service, post-KAHU, 1990-2000
21 February 2018
- SPEAKER: Neal Garnett - Head of Strategic Relations (NZ), Airbus Australia Pacific SUBJECT: Airbus today and an outline of the A400M and C295 aircraft
15 November 2017
- SPEAKER: Brett McKenzie of Marops SUBJECT: How a small NZ company works with aerospace heavyweight Boeing
18 October 2017
- SPEAKER: Des Ashton SUBJECT: Large Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems (RPAS) – What can they do for New Zealand?
20 September 2017
- SPEAKER: Adam McMillan, General Manager Regional Maintenance Operations, Air New Zealand SUBJECT: Maintenance Operations and Air New Zealand Regional Maintenance Ltd
16 AUGUST 2017
- SPEAKER: John Lanham SUBJECT: The A4K/G Skyhawk in RNZAF Service, pre-KAHU Update, 1970-1990
19 JULY 2017
- SPEAKER: John Wyllie, Chief Executive and Founder. SUBJECT: FLIGHTCELL
28 MARCH 2017
- SPEAKER: Don Simms SUBJECT: SKYHAWKS
back to top ↑
Copyright © RAeS New Zealand Division, All Rights Reserved