Royal Aeronautical Society - New Zealand Division
Chair and Honorary Secretary
- Sal Carta 021 268 6960
- Warwick Jones 027 307 5308
- Hugh McCarroll
- Brian Sunderland 021 130 3379
- Phil Treweek
- David Roberts
- Ron Guest
Contact Hamilton Branch Committee
Our meetings are normally held the fourth Wednesday of each month, February to November.
Government Covid-19 Alert Level 1 regulations apply. A normal branch lecture will be held unless otherwise advised.
: Wednesday 28 April 2021 at 7:30pm sharp (feel free to arrive from 7pm)
: Glenview Club, 211 Peacockes Road, Glenview, Hamilton
: Aviation Photography
: Grant Finlay
Grant Finlay is one of our branch members and the president of the Hamilton Model Aero Club. Most of you will also know that he is an accomplished aviation photographer who occasionally takes us through some of his photo albums. He hasn’t done this for a while, so he has agreed to take us through some of his latest photo shoots.
He will give us an expose of the recent Wings Over Wairarapa airshow. In addition, he will share some of his shots of recent museum visits and something I am personally looking forward to, is shots of some of the outings with the Model Aero Club.
One of the unique things about Grant’s presentations is that he remembers the story behind each photo. I, like a lot of other people, struggle to organize my photos, let alone remember the story for each. Or am I speaking for myself?
The Hamilton Model Aero Club release a monthly newsletter that is up there with some of the best publications I read regularly. They also have an amazing website!
A reminder to all members that our financial year period is from 1 February to 31 December of any one year. Subs of $35 are now due for the current year 2021. Payments can be made directly into our ANZ bank account (ROYAL AERONAUTICAL SOCIETY HAMILTON BRANCH). See the Branch newsletter for the account number.
- Please note that as from May this year, cheques will be phased out as means of payment by banks, so could you please, preferably, pay by internet banking method. Please ensure that your full name appears on the deposit (in the reference or particulars section) and include what the payment is for; ie Subs 2021. If in doubt, check with our Treasurer.
- I will accept cash notes of the correct amount on meeting nights only.
- If you are a member of the national NZ Division of the ROYAL AERONAUTICAL SOCIETY NZ, then your subs are included in your membership subscription with them.
Download our latest Newsletter PDF